Monday 14 May 2018

Halfway through with blog post n°6

Here we go, another blog post!

As promised in my previous blog post, I will start about the presentation I gave on May 3rd at the request of Embaixadores UFV (the ambassadors' group of UFV), every foreign student who comes to UFV, "gets" one ambassador appointed to help him or her with everything that has to be taken care of (for example a room, the first guided tours etc.).

Afbeelding

I was glad to take this opportunity to present something of my own choice to a group of interested fellow students. I decided not to include a topic related to Health & Safety, since I thought my audience deserved a more exciting topic during their lunch break (it took place between 1 and 2 pm). I started talking about the European Union, while the second part was about my views on the differences between Brazil and the Netherlands. Of which of course the (non) qualification of the world cup football is the first one. By the way, I was told the world cup football, which starts next month, is going to be a huge event in all of Brazil. Let's see...
After the presentation I received many nice reactions, so thanks for your appreciations!

Afbeelding

It is getting colder in Viçosa in the evenings. Winter is coming here, while in the Netherlands temperatures are rising. Fortunately, during the day the weather is still very good.

The weekend before my presentation, we had a regional agroecology meeting in Viçosa. People from all over Zona da Mata visited it. One of the goals was to discuss the National Agroecology Event in Belo Horizonte, which takes place at the end of this month. Also, all agroecology topics were presented by different groups of people. I got an even better impression of all the issues agroecology addresses, which is not just the transition of conventional, huge agricultural businesses to agroecology. Also topics like LGBT are lit up, and that's a good thing.



The weekend after, we had a 10-year anniversary meeting of Intercâmbio Agroecológico in Divino, Minas Gerais. We went there on a Saturday morning with some students. During this event I had more Dutch company, but to be honest, it wasn't very interesting for us. The main activity was talking in the form of a monologue. I was expecting more interaction and variations. 






A while ago, we went to the cinema with some friends. It was the first time I went to the cinema in Brazil. Fortunately the film was called 'A quiet place', so not a lot was said during the film. Makes it very easy to understand!That's it for now. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Troca de Saberes and saying goodbyes!

Dear reader, This is my final blog post in Brazil, because tomorrow I'm leaving Viçosa to take the plane home from Rio de Janeiro the ...